Play Station or PSN is really a big thing for gamers and it may happen due to some circumstances you want to delete the same. In this article, we will discuss the steps on How to Delete your PSN Account, in addition to the consequences of deleting your PSN account.
What is a PSN account?
PSN or Playstation Account is the same account which exists in your Playstation Console in order to identify you. Acess to the PlayStation Network requires a PSN account. PSN includes a PlayStation Store that sells online games and videos. Purchases can be made through standard credit cards or through a PlayStation Network Card. All purchases made will be saved to a single PlayStation account.
Why would anyone want to delete their PlayStation Network account?
There may be many reasons why anyone would like to delete their PSN account.
PSN has been on the news several times because of the high profile network outrages over the users, most of them caused by malicious attacks.
On the other hand, Sony has packed its business in many countries which may be the sole reason for someone quitting the PS network.
Another reason maybe when someone wants to sell his Playstation he/she will want to delete his account from the very device.
How to delete your PSN account
1. Deleting Secondary Accounts
In order to delete any other user’s PSN id just follow these steps:
- Open your Playstation and just log in with your primary id.
- Scroll through the home screen and click on ‘Settings’.
- In the settings option click on the ‘Login Settings’.
- From there scroll to ‘User management’ and click on ‘Delete User’
- Now the list of accounts that are logged in will be shown. Select the one you want to delete and click on ‘X’ on your controller.
- The account you selected will be deleted. Log out and log back in to check if the account still exists.
2. Deleting the primary PSN account
You can temporarily delete your PSN account just by a simple factory reset. Just follow the steps in order to do so.
- Log in to your PS using your primary account.
- Scroll and head to the Settings option and click on ‘X’ in your controller.
- Just scroll in the setting and at the extreme bottom you will find an option as ‘Initialize PS’. Just select this option and click on ‘Full’.
- This will simply revert the PS to its default setting and in this process will delete any account present in it.
- After doing so just follow the instruction as you have to set up your PS again.
- This process may take an hour or two depending on the data you have in your device. Do not turn off during this time as it may brick the device itself.
3. Permanently deleting your PSN account
Before you decide to permanently delete your PSN account remember:
- You will no longer be able to use the Online ID to create a new account.
- All purchases will be lost. No content can be transferred to another account.
- All subscriptions will be terminated.
- Your PSN wallet will no longer be available and your remaining funds will be deleted.
In order to delete your PSN account follow these steps:
- You can’t delete your account permanent manually. This has to be done by Sony officials themselves. For that reason, you have to keep your, sign-in id, PSN online id in handy.
- Now log in to your PS and go to Settings.
- Under Settings Go to ‘Account Help‘. Select the option,’ PSN account help’.
- You may either contact the Sony officials by chat or by phone.
- In case of chat just select PSN account help and click on Contact Us.
- No, explain your issue and that you want to delete your account to the customer care executive at Sony.
- Alternatively, you can call this number and request for account closure,
- Australia: 1300 13 7669
- Europe: 0203 538 2665
- Hong Kong: 2341 2356
- Malaysia: 1 800 81 4963
- North America (English): 1-800-345-7669
- You may have to answer the security questions to confirm your identity after which Sony deletes your account permanently.
About PlayStation Network
The PlayStation Network is an online service with about 110 million registered users (as of June 2013) and over 94 million active users monthly (as of May 2019). It comprises an online virtual market, the PlayStation Store, which allows the purchase and download of games and various forms of multimedia, a subscription-based online service known as PlayStation Plus and a social gaming networking service called PlayStation Home, which had over 41 million users worldwide at the time of its closure in March 2015. PlayStation Mobile (formerly PlayStation Suite) is a software framework that provides PlayStation content on mobile devices.
Version 1.xx supports both PlayStation Vita, PlayStation TV and certain devices that run the Android operating system, whereas version 2.00 released in 2014 would only target PlayStation Vita and (optionally) PlayStation TV. Content set to be released under the framework consist of only original PlayStation games currently.
So, in this article we discussed how you can delete your PlayStation Network account easily. In addition, we discussed the possible issues you may face by deleting your account permanently.
In conclusion, you should just follow the steps and you will have no difficulty in deleting your account. We hope you like this article.