Anything you buy from Steam can be refunded, thanks to its liberal refund system. Due to this feature, you can easily buy anything from steam and can take a refund if you don’t like or the game doesn’t work in your system.
In this article, we will be discussing the steps by which you can easily refund any game on Steam.
So, without further ado let’s learn how you can easily ‘Refund a game in Steam’.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Refund a Game in Steam
In order to refund any game in Steam just follow these basic steps:
- From your Phone/PC, open a browser and navigate to the page help.steampowered.com. After visiting the site just log in with your personal Steam account.
- On the Support page, select ‘A Purchase’ on asking ‘What do you need help in?’.
- Select the game or purchase you want to refund. All the listed purchases on the page are legible for a refund so don’t worry about that. If you don’t find the purchase you want to refund, then it does no qualify for the same as per Steam’s Refund policy.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can specify the issue for which you want to refund.
- On selecting the issue you will have an option as “I’d like to request a refund’. Select the option and you will be redirected to another page.
- You will be redirected to the Refund Request page where you can comment on any issue you have faced for you to refund. This message can help Valve and the game’s developer understand why you want to refund the game. You can choose the platform where you want to refund, either your Steam Wallet or your original payment method.
- Upon submitting the request you will receive a confirmation email stating if your refund is approved or not. On successful approval, the refund amount will reflect in your account in a day or two.
Is it possible to refund a game on steam?
You can request for a refund for any purchase you make on Steam. The reason for the refund doesn’t matter.
Valve Corporation upon request will issue a refund for any reason provided it follows the effective ‘Terms and Condition of Refunds’ and is within the refund period.
The refund will be made within a maximum time slot of one week on your preferred Wallet.
So, you do not need to worry as in conclusion ‘It is absolutely possible to get refunds on Steam’.
Terms and Condition for Refunds
- Downloadable Content: If the Dlc is purchased from Steam itself it can be refunded within 14 days. Steam however doesn’t provide refunds for third party dlc’s.
- In-game Purchase: Steam provides a refund for in-game purchase with 48 hours of buying the same.
- Pre-purchased Titles: In the case of pre-purchased titles it can be refunded within the 14 days of the release of the title.
- Steam Wallet: Steam Wallet balance can be refunded at any time within the 14 days bracket.
- Steam Hardware: After the delivery, you have 30 days to ask for a refund. The hardware must be shipped back to the company within 14 days, after the request. Visit the official site of Steam and then go to the Steam Hardware order terms for more details and instructions.
- Bundles: Any bundle you bought from the Steam store can be refunded.
NOTE: Steam does not provide refunds in the following cases -:
- Purchases made outside of Steam.
- Video Content such as movies, series are non refundable.
- No refunds in case of VAC bans.
Payment Methods of Steam Refunds
In India/USA, the following payment methods support refunds:
In India/USA, the following payment methods can not be refunded:
- Cash on Delivery
- Credit Card (Domestic)
- Debit Card (Domestic)
- Net Banking
- Prepaid Wallet (Domestic)
Steam is a video game digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation. It was launched in September 2003 as a way for Valve to provide automatic updates to their games but eventually expanded to include non-Valve games from third-party publishers. Steam offers digital rights management (DRM), matchmaking servers, video streaming, and social networking services. It also provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games, and community features such as friends lists and groups, cloud saving, and in-game voice and chats functionality.
The Steam platform is the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming, estimated in 2013 to have 75% of the market space. By 2017, users purchasing games through Steam totaled roughly US$4.3 billion, representing at least 18% of global PC game sales. Above all by 2019, the service had over a billion registered accounts with 90 million monthly active users. The success of the Steam platform has led to the development of a line of Steam Machine microconsoles, which include the SteamOS operating system and Steam Controllers, and the Steam VR platform.
In conclusion, refunds on Steam is a child’s play. Just follow the steps mentioned and you are good as Steam doesn’t reject any refunds if it is within the 14 days period. However, everyone should refrain from abusing this feature and ask for refunds only when necessary. Steam has a strict rule against Refunds abuse and thus may ban users who asks for unnecessary refunds.
We hope you like this article and have ease in requesting steam refunds.